Knots Page (September 18, 2010)
These are knots I think are worth learning, arranged in the order I suggest learning them.
- The Slip Knot. For fun and to show people.
- The Double Slip Knot. A stopper knot that is easy to untie.
- The Slipped Sheet Bend. A bend that is easy to untie.
- The Marlinspike Hitch. An easy hitch.
- The Tautline Hitch. An interesting hitch good both for general hitching and for tightening ropes.
- The Prusig Knot. An interesting hitch that is fun to show people, and useful for climbing ropes.
- The Hangman's Noose. An easy noose.
- The Slipped Bowline Hitch. A set-size loop that is easy to untie.
- The Clove Hitch. A classic hitch that is fun to tie.
- The Monkey's Paw. For making a giant stopper knot or wrapping rope around a rock to throw.
URL: http://www.rasmusen.org/special/knots.htm. I live in Bloomington, Indiana and work in the Department of Business Economics and
Policy, Indiana University. Comments: